Software Developer, Applications
Dubuque - IA
Temp / Temp to Hire
$40.00 HOUR USD
Memphis TN, 38187
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
CONTRACT: 1ST SHIFT
LOCATION: MEMPHIS, TN
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide mentoring and support to other writers; to create and maintain software, technical, online and help systems documentation, reference and maintenance guides, Web pages, articles brochures and other information using diverse communication and publication methods; to create documentation for software release enhancements; and to ensure internal and external communication of pertinent enhancements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads and reviews output of other writers.
• Assists in the development of style and rules governing technical communications and documentation.
• Advises, assists and contributes to design and direction of technical communications and documentation within the department ensuring integrity, consistency and adherence to the corporate vision.
• Researches, writes, edits and maintains various forms of media regarding software enhancements, technical procedures, processes and other information; interprets highly-technical and intensive notes and transforms into user-friendly and easy-to-understand documentation.
• Writes technical communications and documentation involving discussions on subject matter with programmers and other experts to become more knowledgeable and familiar with company software and technology.
• Creates, edits and designs content for various Web sites - Internet, Intranet and Online Help.
• Contributes creative skills as needed for: 1) writing special interest and employee relations articles; 2) designing and creating brochures, guides, publications, internal and external communications, report samples, promotional materials; 3) graphic designs for illustrations, charts and photographs included in publications; and 4) other assignments as needed.
• Assists other departments with technology-related projects by writing, editing and reviewing creative materials as well as providing information and direction.
|Skills:||SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE: • Good knowledge of technology verbiage for documentation of procedures and directions for usage • Strong communication skills including accurate spelling and use of the English language in both written and oral communications • Good knowledge of how to locate and identify essential information • Technical, analytical and interpretive skills • Strong organizational skills • Leadership skills • Excellent interpersonal skills • Excellent negotiation skills • Creative, innovative and detail oriented • Ability to keep abreast of technical communications trends • Ability to work in a team environment • Ability to perform multiple tasks and set priorities • Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years technical writing experience required. Technical and claims industry experience preferred particularly in RoboHelp, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PageMaker, FrontPage, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office.|
Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer