Dubuque - IA
$64.90 HOUR USD
Edgewood NY, 11717
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Location: Edgewood, NY
Compensation: $120 - $140k / year + bonus
A local and large North American manufacturer is seeking a Plant Manager in their Edgewood, NY plant.
The Plant Manager will manage and lead overall plant operations ensuring the achievement of plant targets for Safety, Quality, Service and Cost. This will be executed through providing strong leadership to the plant team and managing the systems, equipment, people and materials according to the established policies, procedures, specifications, and customer requirements. This individual reports directly to the Director-Manufacturing. The Plant Lead Team members will report directly to the Plant Manager (typically 6- direct reports) Scope for this Plant Manager role is a medium sized facility with typically 150 union employees and mid to high-level complexity.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Leads and drives plant safety culture and puts safety first in all responsibilities.
- Ensures execution of plant company efforts in accordance with the company’s roadmap
- Leads identification of opportunities and problem areas for targeted improvement by creating, reviewing and monitoring data or reports that show performance to KPI's. (specifically safety, quality, waste, and productivity)
- Oversees all aspects of human capital planning & management for the facility, including HC goal setting, improvement targets for KPIs, salary planning, and performance management.
- Ensure compliance with department safety, product safety, fire protection, Company polices/procedures, and housekeeping programs.
- Ensures effective, timely and well developed communications for all product associates.
- Manage process control initiatives by ensuring manufacturing SOP's exist, and that they are sufficient for quality, safety, and process control.
- Leads plant budgeting processes
- Ensures execution of plant Cap-Ex
- Lead and ensure growth of company’s culture by providing resources, participating in teams, and leading teams as necessary.
- Ensures facility compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Drives employee engagement action planning for the facility
- Leads communication to all plant associates regarding business needs and results
- Leads efforts at Best Practice sharing with other facilities
- Meets safety targets and drives a safety culture and environment
- Meets or exceeds plant business plan and KPI's.
- Delivers on established budget.
- Effective, cost-efficient planning and utilization of manpower, materials and machinery.
- Strong Human Capital planning, development and management for the facility.
- Drives High Performance Culture
- Plant talent to deliver on plan
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated passion for safety
- 7+ years of leadership experience, preferably in flexible packaging
- Proven ability to lead and drive continuous improvement
- Strong Customer Service mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of drivers of plant results, including ability to interpret financial results
- Six Sigma Certification strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish / English speaking is strongly preferred
If interested in learning more, please submit a copy of your professional resume and salary requirements to Amanda Saylor:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 563.556.3040