First-Line Supervisor of Production and Operating Workers
Cedar Falls - IA
$24.04 HOUR USD
Cedar Falls IA, 50613
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Sedona Staffing Services of Cedar Falls, IA is seeking Shift Supervisor candidates. Local company offering offers competitive wages and benefits package.
Off-Shift Supervisor Job Description :
- Duties: As a representative of management, support the company mission statement, quest goals, policies and management decisions; establish unit/program/department mission and goals.
- Interpret and ensure self and subordinate team members are in compliance with policies.
- Provide leadership and manage the unit/program/department; make decisions; solve problems; develop unit procedures; scrap reductions; increases in efficiencies; develop records/files; conduct meetings; represent unit/department/program at internal and/or external meetings;
- Assist the team member hiring process; develop or update job descriptions; develop performance expectations through DOC training, identify essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required; respond to questions pertaining to the need for background checks; assign work shift; complete position requisition forms.
- Manage team member and team performance; provide new team member orientation; train or provide adequate training for team members; coach, counsel and motivate team members; evaluate team members; implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with appointing authority and Human Resources;
- Manage and ensure effective team member/labor relations; create an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment; establish effective communication lines/methods; identify and solve team member problems; manage conflict; respond to grievances;
- Accept resignations; initiate terminations; process layoff actions;
- Approve leave and overtime; complete or review and sign time sheets;
- If applicable, establish and manage a budget; approve expenditures; initiate and sign appropriate paperwork.
Supervisor Performance Expectations :
Leaders must perform the duties as outlined in the leadership job description in addition to their regular work assignments and laws to create a cooperative, safe, respectful and quality work environment.
*Prior leadership experience
*Strong interpersonal-communication skills
*College degree preferred-not required
*Operation, set-up and programming of CNC Machining equipment (preferred-not required)
*Background check and drug screen required
Salaried $50,000+ based on experience
If interested in this position, please contact Trisha at 319-268-9204 and email your resume to email@example.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer