Dubuque - IA
$26.44 HOUR USD
Delhi IA, 52223
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Shift: 2nd Shift
Wage: $50,000- $60,000 / year
Location: Delhi, Iowa
Sedona Staffing Services is partnering with a local NE Iowa manufacturer seeking a Production Supervisor on 2nd shift. The primary purpose of the Production Supervisor is to optimize the operation of the Value Stream and the engagement of its personnel, drive operational excellence and achieve the established goals for safety, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory. Develop direct reports to ensure that their full potential is met through opportunity, education, training, etc.
- Understand the Value Stream (VS) products, customers (internal and external), and all manufacturing processes/procedures for the assigned VS.
- Ensure and promote safety as a job priority in assigned area. Responsible for ensuring all departmental safety training is completed by any employee new to their area.
- Develop a high performance, self-directed VS team with high levels of morale, job satisfaction, and performance.
- Drive the continuous improvement process by educating and training associates in lean tools and philosophies, techniques and systems. Ensure that all associates know and understand VS metrics for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost (SQDC), use of day-by-hour charts, etc.
- Develops and executes plans for SPQRC and operator skill level requirements. Translates and tracks these plans visually using team-improvement-boards. Reports daily outputs.
- Responsible for daily/weekly audits including 5(6)S, product quality, system quality, process, ISO 9001, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring standard work/work instructions are available, accurate, and followed.
- Identify issues/problems (systemic, product, process, quality, etc.), develop plan to eliminate, and lead execution plan using A3 and other countermeasure tools.
- Working with the Human Resource Department, select employees through the interview process.
- Ensure daily team meetings are in place and productive and team improvement boards are updated per standard work.
- Provide cross VS/departmental focus for overall facility improvement.
- Responsible for Future State VS implementation and driving implementation within assigned area (leading VS meetings, leading continuous improvement meetings, VS mapping, setting up Supermarkets, implementing pull systems, etc).
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering, technical, or supervisory position required.
- Proven problem solving skills and demonstrated decision making skills and effective interpersonal skills are required.
- Essential traits for this position are experienced leadership and an innovative approach; a self-starter who enjoys the challenge of implementing continuous improvement activities.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience.
- Proficient computer skills including: MRP/ERP and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
All inquiries are kept confidential.
If you are interested in learning more, submit a copy of your professional resume to Amanda Saylor: email@example.com | 563.556.3040
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.