Dubuque - IA
$36.06 HOUR USD
Dubuque IA, 52001
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
We are seeking an experienced hands-on manufacturing engineer with a background in metal roll forming whose primary role will be to engage with production team members "on the line", providing floor support ~75% of the time. This person will also estimate costs, develop, improve and implement manufacturing process changes required in the manufacture of all products to improve the efficiencies of individual operations.
The position will investigate alternative solutions for given projects, develop cost information for each, make recommendations and complete projects. The incumbent designs and/or specifies equipment to satisfy manufacturing needs.
- Use engineering principles to provide operations support with hands on troubleshooting and process development.
- Maintain practical knowledge of operating systems and mechanical equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to all manufacturing departments regarding the quality and/or performance of machinery, tooling, fixtures, gages, etc.
- Assist in qualifying gauges and other measuring devices to be used in or on production processes.
- Maintain equipment and tooling within safety and environmental standards.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding operational improvements on equipment, machinery, processes, etc.
- Recommend and justify the most efficient use of existing production equipment. Provide new equipment justification.
- Keep supervisor informed of the status of assigned projects.
- Prepare weekly or monthly reports on the status of each assigned project.
- Evaluate and develops procedures for production equipment and processes.
- Coordinate and direct the design, planning, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Experience in coordinating each phase of installation; set-up, debugging, implementing and training on new equipment and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have solid project management and leadership skills.
- Must be able to function independently.
- A Bachelor degree (engineering, industrial technology) is desired.
- Three to five years metal forming experience and/or training, preferably roll forming
- CAD, Microsoft Office
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Driver’s License
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer