Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Dubuque - IA
$31.25 HOUR USD
Dubuque IA, 52004
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Location: Dubuque, IA
Wage: $55,000 - $70,000 / year
Direct Hire Opportunity
Sedona Staffing Services is partnering with a local Dubuque manufacturer looking to add a 2nd shift Supervisor to their production team. The Production Supervisor is responsible to help lead and drive the process of continuous improvement for the value stream. This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and employee satisfaction / development. The Production Supervisors will coach, train, support and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with the company’s strategic direction. The Production Supervisor will have 4-5 Team Leaders and 40 – 50 associates as direct reports.
What you get to do:
- Maintain a high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety habits and ensure a safe work environment
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates success through performance management.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems
- Ensure desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards.
- Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S) and housekeeping. Actively provide chance leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
What we need from you:
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience in a production facility.
- Previous experience as a work center lead (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred
- Proven work history of successfully demonstrating your ability to work with and motivate people
- Continuing education in the following areas: Management, Human Resources, Accounting, Manufacturing, Leadership and Coaching.
If you are interested in learning more about this excellent direct hire opportunity, submit a copy of your professional resume to : Amanda Saylor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.