First-Line Supervisor of Production and Operating Workers
Moline (Quad Cities- HQ) - IL
Temp / Temp to Hire
$24.26 HOUR USD
Milan IL, 61264
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Unit Supervisor I
Location: Milan, IL
Employment Type: Contingent position -2 years
Job Order Number: 154020
Sedona Staffing is recruiting for a Unit Supervisor for John Deere North American Distribution Center in Milan, IL. 1st shift. You will be responsible for leading a wage workforce to meet the manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for leading a wage workforce to accomplish the safety, quality, delivery, and efficiency goals through Continuous Improvement (CI) plans and activities.
- Ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
- Lead safety through regular safety communications, driving engagement in the CI Safety and Ergonomic Risk Assessment process, prompt near miss reporting with a focus on quick, thorough safety corrective actions.
- Monitor Control Plans, troubleshoot workmanship problems, and generally supervise production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements.
- Lead employee engagement activities, while establishing a positive employee environment through communications, feedback and overall guidance.
- Monitor individual/group performance and take corrective action including discipline, as needed and respond to complaints to ensure the Company and employees adhere to policies, practices, procedures, and work rules.
- Excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment.
- Experience with, or supporting, shop floor manufacturing and/or warehouse operation.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Experience communicating across functions (such as: supply management, engineering, operations and human resources).
- IF NEEDED – Ability and flexibility to work across shifts based on production needs.
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Employment & Education Verification.
- Internal metatarsal safety shoes are required. /Experiences
- Experience with continuous improvement pay plans (CIPP).
- Experience with wage/union employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Experience in candidates with front line coordinator or supervision experience preferably in a union environment, contingent employees currently working within the John Deere Enterprise and current students or recent graduates looking for an internship type experience with Deere.
- Experience in leadership or supervision of a union workforce.
- Working knowledge of the CI continual improvement process and 5S.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Sedona Staffing is a nationally ranked work force management team celebrating its 32nd year of business and has been voted # 1 Staffing Agency for the last six years by our local community. We are locally owned and headquartered in Moline, IL and provide Clerical, Industrial, Medical, Technical, and Engineering Associates to companies in need of temporary, Temp-to-hire or direct hire placement of employees. With 28 branches nationwide, we are committed to continued growth and delivering a high standard of quality service.
If interested in this opportunity, please call in and ask speak to a Clerical Account Manager at 309-743-7000. If you are not already registered with The Sedona Group, please be prepared to be asked to apply online and send a resume that highlights your experience for this opening.
Sedona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sedona uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.