Assistant Store Manager
Dubuque - IA
Officials and Managers
$19.23 HOUR USD
New Hampton IA, 50659
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Assistant Store Manager
New Hampton, IA
Wage: $32k - $40k / year (pending skill set and previous professional experience)
A local Iowa retail company is seeking a supporting leader who values employees and helps to create an atmosphere to maximize customer service with a head for business operations.
What you get to do:
- Be readily available to interact and assist both customers and associates throughout entire store, providing prompt attention.
- Assist manager in maintaining cleanliness and appearance of all sections of the store.
- May be required to perform tasks normally required of associates in every classification including, but not limited to , driving forklift, load outs (lifting up to 60#), changing tires (lifting up to 75#), and running cash registers.
- Perform daily walking tour of store to ensure all areas meet company standards and to assign duties. Establish and follow through on priorities that arise from store tours. Produce Timely results in areas not meeting company standards.
- Observe needs of customers through merchandising, stock levels, prompt service, refunds and sales. Provide face to face contact with customers by being on sales floor to answer questions, etc.
- Aid in maintaining all aspects of merchandising such as but not limited to endcaps, displays, signing, facing, and cross merchandising.
- Help to maintain a knowledgeable associate base, provide training as needed.
- Aid in the supervision of all store personnel and notify manager of problems arising in the day to day operation of the store.
- Assist manager in maintaining proper staffing needs, follow hiring procedures, and maintain consistent disciplinary action as directed by manager.
What we need from you:
- Experience: 2 years related experience preferred
- Business related degree preferred
- Ability to assign and evaluate work, coach / counsel, plan and supervise teammates.
- Ability to innovate or create a solution to perceived problems.
- Ability to create a positive customer experience
- Answer phones, filing, type, run a cash register.
- Possess pride and focus in your work.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit a copy of your professional resume to Amanda: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.