Bus and Truck Mechanic or Diesel Engine Specialist
Dubuque - IA
$19.00 HOUR USD
Dubuque IA, 52001
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Diesel Mechanic-Direct Hire
Summary of Position:
Performs difficult and skilled work in the maintenance and repair of specialized machinery and equipment in a marine industrial environment, diesel engines, In/outboard motors, both portable and stationary generators, and other related work as required. Work is performed under regular direction and limited supervision.
- Installs, troubleshoots and/or makes repairs to motors, pumps, controls, compressor and valves. Troubleshoots and performs repairs on gas and diesel systems, and related equipment used in marine operations.
- Inspects, troubleshoots and/or makes repairs to diesel engines, power generators, controls, and ancillary equipment.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance functions on engines.
- Inspects and maintains fuel tanks, protection controls, fuel burners, and electrical wiring.
- Changes oil filters, air filters, coolant filters and fuel filters.
- Prepares parts lists for ordering.
- Conducts maintenance and tests on batteries for generators and ancillary equipment.
- Monitors diesel fuel quality and quantity in portable and stationary systems.
- Prepares accurate work records and submit timely reports on tasked equipment.
- Receives and completes work orders in a timely manner.
- Evaluates and recommends modifications to Fleet Manager.
- Extensive knowledge of standard practices, methods, tools, and material of the mechanical trades.
- Detailed knowledge of diesel engine maintenance/repair and related mechanical trade operations.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards connected with general maintenance operations and ability to follow appropriate safety precautions.
- Knowledge in the maintenance of power generators.
- Ability to work from sketches or blueprints to close tolerances and to understand.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Able to coordinate the work of vendors if necessary.
- Can establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and co-workers.
- Skilled in the use and care of hand and bench tools, machines, and equipment of the mechanical trades.
- Must be able to climb ladders, use a computer, order parts and material, understand and follow written work orders to conduct routine maintenance on equipment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, email a copy of your professional resume to: Nikki at Nikki@careerpros.com | 563.556.3040
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer!