Printing Machine Operator
Moline (Quad Cities- HQ) - IL
Temp / Temp to Hire
$15.00 HOUR USD
Rock Island IL, 61201
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Salary: $12.00-$15.00/hr. DOE
Location: Rock Island, IL
Employment Type: Temp-to-Hire
Job Order Number: 153040
The Sedona Group is currently seeking an experienced Press Operator. As a Press Operator for our client, your job duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Able to work on a 4 color offset printing machine.
- Review job orders to determine any special printing instructions, stock specifications, colors or quantities to be printed.
- Collect random samples and inspect them during print runs to determine if any adjustments need to be made and make adjustments as needed.
- Fill ink fountains and purchase or mix inks throughout the week as needed. Adjust flow rates of ink fountains to achieve the desired flow amount for each press run.
- Start presses and check proofs for ink alignment, registration, density and coverage. Make adjustments as needed.
- Load paper onto presses, making adjustments when necessary to accommodate various paper sizes. Adjust printing plate tolerances to meet the desired parameters for each press run.
- Clean printing unit cylinders, plates and ink fountains at the completion of each press run.
- Monitor and respond to error, alert or fault messages on automated press operation systems; make minor repairs to oil presses and other equipment as needed using hand tools.
- Feed paper through press cylinders, adjusting tension and feed controls as needed.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance on a frequent basis
- Experience working efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
Sedona Staffing is a nationally ranked work force management team celebrating its 32nd year of business and has been voted # 1 Staffing Agency for the last six years by our local community. We are locally owned and headquartered in Moline, IL and provide Clerical, Industrial, Medical, Technical, and Engineering Associates to companies in need of temporary, Temp-to-hire or direct hire placement of employees. With 28 branches nationwide, we are committed to continued growth and delivering a high standard of quality service.
If interested in this opportunity, please call in and ask speak to an Industrial Account Manager at 309-743-7000. If you are not already registered with The Sedona Group, please be prepared to be asked to apply online and send a resume that highlights your experience for this opening.
Sedona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sedona uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.