Dubuque - IA
$45.67 HOUR USD
Joplin MO, 64801
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Location: Joplin, MO
Wage: $80k - $95k / year + 10% bonus
The Department Manager will coordinate and oversee the activities of a manufacturing department according to established procedures, standards and customer requirements. This role will typically exist in medium size plants and/or have oversight to 75 or less hourly employees.
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with the EHS Manager to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe working environment
- Establishes, maintains, communicates, and enforces safety, quality, waste and productivity standards to meet plant goals. Maintains department housekeeping per 5S and GMP (Good Mfg. Practices) standards. Maintains quality standards consistent with customer’s and the company’s requirements.
- Oversees and manages the Performance Control System (PCS) for the department including establishing key performance indicators (KPI’s), auditing Supervisor/Operator shift meetings, and leading department meetings. Ensures that standards are met and action item registers are maintained to document, communicate, and eliminate exceptions.
- Works with the WCOM Steering Committee and Pillars to determine the greatest improvement opportunities in the department. Assists with the execution of improvement efforts to address the opportunities. Assure that standards are updated with each improvement team.
- Supervises salaried staff of Shift Supervisors. Is responsible for all elements of supervision including hiring, terminations, recognition, discipline, training, employee relations, performance management and salary administration.
- Recommends capital projects and ensures needs, ROI and KPI related to these projects are documented and submitted per company’s policies.
- Ensures that accurate Standard Operating Conditions (SOC’s) are in place and followed. Maintains productivity standards based on SOC’s, best practices and continuous improvement.
What We Need From You
- A Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory/leadership experience.
- Promotes a strong safety culture and environment.
- Adheres to company’s core values and actively contributes to a high performance culture.
- Meets or exceeds plant business plan and KPI’s.
- Operates within established budget.
- Best Practices establishment & execution.
- Effective, cost-efficient planning and utilization of manpower, materials and machinery.
- Strong Human Capital planning, development and management for direct reports.
If you are interested in applying or learning more about this opportunity, please submit a copy of your professional resume to : Amanda Saylor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.