First-Line Supervisor of Production and Operating Workers
Moline (Quad Cities- HQ) - IL
Temp / Temp to Hire
$22.77 HOUR USD
Davenport IA, 52807
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Unit Supervisor II
Location: Davenport, IA
Employment Type: 1 Year Contingent
Job Order Number: 153954
We, The Sedona Group, are the employer and are seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor at John Deere Davenport Works in Davenport, IA . Shift could change based on production needs. OT Hours are needed. As a Unit Supervisor for our client, your job duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for leading a wage workforce to meet the manufacturing and/or distribution priorities based on the production schedule for the Multiple Fabrication Departments.
- Be responsible for meeting safety, quality, delivery and efficiency goals.
- Administer the contract and proper pay.
- Serve as first-line liaison between production employees and management staff and represent the company's interests with shop floor staff.
- Establish the employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance.
- Ensure that your personnel have appropriate training, work instruction, and tools to successfully do their job.
- Administer employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the business.
- Monitor individual and department performance and take corrective action.
- Make daily assignments including filling vacancies, and assigning overtime to adhere to customer demand Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
- Supervisor Experience
- Ability to work in Union environment,
- Ability to flex to support all 3 shifts
- 2nd shift - 2:30pm-11pm Monday-Friday,
- At minimum 40 hrs a week, minimum of 10 hours of OT per week.
- Experience using analytical skills with data to monitor performance in safety, quality, delivery and budget •
- Experience with, or supporting, shop floor manufacturing and/or warehouse operation •
- Experience in a leadership role where you resolved problems and exceeded goals •
- Effective written and oral communication, planning and organizational skills, and integrity in day to day decision making •
- Experience working in a team environment with all levels of an organization •
- Experiencing using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel • Ability to be flexibility to support a 3 shift operation •
- 2 or more years of manufacturing supervisory experience
- What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement or CI200 methods and applications in a manufacturing setting •
- Experience administering a Continuous Improvement Pay Plan (CIPP) or other group performance pay plan •
- Experience with application of the John Deere Quality & Production System or other production systems • Experience mentoring and coaching •
- Experience in project management •
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems such as SAP Education (or equivalent work experience) •
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology, Business Management, or equivalent discipline
- The hiring manager expects the successful candidate to stay in this position for a minimum of 30 months.
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Employment & Education Verification.
The Sedona Group is a nationally ranked work force management group celebrating 32 years' of business and has been voted # 1 Staffing Agency for the last five years by our local community. We are locally owned and headquartered in Moline, IL and provide Clerical, Industrial, Medical, Technical, and Engineering Associates to companies in need of temporary, long term or direct hire placement of employees. With 28 branches nationwide, we are committed to continued growth and delivering a high standard of quality service.
If interested in this opportunity, please call in and ask speak to a Clerical Account Manager at 309-743-7000. If you are not already registered with The Sedona Group, please be prepared to be asked to apply online and send a resume that highlights your experience for this opening.
Sedona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sedona uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.