Human Resources Manager
Manchester - IA
Officials and Managers
$38.46 HOUR USD
Manchester IA, 52057
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Human Resource Manager
As a key member of the Plant Management Team, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for employee relations, staffing, performance management, training and development, and administration of HR policies, procedures and processes in partnership with Divison and Corporate HR leadership.
Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to interact within all levels of the organization to promote strategic alignment with Company policies, goals and objectives.
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for plant personnel.
- Advocates positive employee relations and employee engagement through pro-active communications and programs, including employee engagement surveys, leadership development and training, researching and developing best practices, and stimulating employee involvement in all areas. Focus on developing a positive culture of continuous improvement and a union-free work environment.
- Partners with plant staff to assure consistent application of policies, rules, and guidelines.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Partners with plant and Corporate HR Leadership to rewrite job descriptions as necessary; partner with Corporate Compensation to obtain benchmark data for new roles/positions.
- Responsible for maintaining employee information in the company's HRIS.
- Maintains local organizational charts and employee directory.
- Manages the hourly employee annual wage and benefit review process for the plant. Makes recommendations on changes to job classifications and wage rates employee benefits to promote plant efficiency and remain competitive in the local labor market.
- Develops, recommends and implements local HR guidelines procedures with approval from Division/Corporate HR and Plant Leadership. Roll out of HR Corporate guidelines to employees at plant location.
- In Partnership with Corporate Staffing Department, coordinates recruitment effort for all salaried exempt, nonexempt, skilled/craft workers, and temporary workers as needed; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts new-employee orientations amd conducts exit interviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred.
- PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- 5+ years previous experience in human resource management, employee relations, performance management, worker's compensation, FMLA, employment law, planning and project management;
- 1-2 years experience in a leadership position.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing plant is required.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment guidelines is required.
- Strong computer skills including Windows-based programs such as Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook is required.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving or maintaining a positive workplace culture.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
To apply to this position submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer