Dubuque - IA
$36.06 HOUR USD
Indianapolis IN, 46268
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
RN Field Case Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Wage: $75k - $80k / year
Direct Hire Opportunity
To facilitate progressive medical treatment/rehabilitation and/or timely return to work of injured worker; and to act as liaison for involved parties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses and analyzes injured worker's medical and vocational status.
- Develops progressive plan of care to facilitate medical recovery and progressive return to work.
- Manages one-time task assignment or full field case management referral to meet with attending physician, injured worker and/or employer to clarify medical and/or vocational claim related information which could not be obtained through correspondence or telephonic attempts by claims team.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team to provide ongoing case management services.
- Acts as liaison for involved parties in the worker's compensation injury by communicating in person and telephonically with the patient/caregiver, attorneys, employer, claims examiners, telephonic nurse case manager, return to work specialists, vocational rehabilitation supervisor, provider(s), ancillary provider(s) and health care team.
- Monitors injured employee's progress towards appropriately established outcomes through continued assessment and evaluation.
- Coordinates necessary referrals, consultations, and therapeutic services for the injured employee.
- Completes the interview process with the patient/caregiver in the home, worksite, ancillary location or physician's office for current and ongoing assessments and evaluations.
- Assists in the development of continued care plans as necessary to include patient education and prevention programs.
- Testifies as needed to substantiate relevant case work or reports.
- Confers with medical treating providers concerning the course of care and treatment per clinical guidelines.
- Educates medical providers on appropriate disability and treatment guidelines as necessary.
- Travels as required.
- Works from home as needed.
Education & Licensing
Current state RN licensure required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred. CCM, CRRN, COHN, CDMS eligibility or current certification preferred.
Six (6) years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include three (3) years case management experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to rehabilitation and HIPPA
- Knowledge of workers' compensation and/or disability
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently
If you are interested in learning more, please connect with Amanda and submit a copy of your professional resume to : Amanda@careerpros.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.