Senior Security Engineer
Dubuque - IA
$0.00 HOUR USD
Belmont CA, 94002
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Senior Security Engineer
Multiple Site: Belmont, CA & Pleasanton, CA
Direct Hire Opportunity
Seeking to add a Senior Security Engineer for a very specialized hands-on security team to face the cyber security challenges in the Healthcare industry. The Senior Security Engineer will be building the most advanced cyber defenses around critical medical devices and platforms during the development and after its final release improving them.
What you get to do:
- Evaluate and propose innovative security tools and strategies to keep a cutting edge cyber defense strategy
- Orchestrate application and infrastructure defense mechanisms to increase prevention, detectability and containment capabilities
- Incorporate defense and hardening mechanisms by design balancing performance and usability
- Deploy defense and hardening mechanisms responding to incidents and adapting to emerging threats
- Develop an effective vulnerability management strategy in collaboration with the Red Team to prioritize patching and mitigation controls.
What we need from you:
- Deep understanding of application security architecture and lifecycle
- Knowledge of OWASP standard
- Experience with threat modeling and risk management
- Knowledge of code vulnerability management
- Experience deploying active defense mechanisms
- Knowledge of translating the compliance, privacy, and security requirements to product features
- Deep understanding of networking and cloud security
- Extensive experience with AWS components stack and desirable knowledge of Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience with network communication protocols
- Understanding of perimeter protection tools: AWS native components/tools, NIDS, Web Application and Network Firewalls
- Understanding of cloud provisioning tools CloudFormation and Terraform
- Deep knowledge of operating systems: required Linux, desirable Windows, and OSX
- Deep knowledge of host protection: file integrity, next-generation antivirus, host intrusion detection, whitelisting
- Deep knowledge of host vulnerability management
- Knowledge of hardening and OS image generation automation
- Knowledge of host forensic
- Knowledge of configuration management tools: Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- Desirable developing languages: Shell scripting, Python, Ruby.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
Interested in learning more? Submit a copy of your resume & salary expectations to Amanda – email@example.com