Sedona Ag - IA
$72.12 HOUR USD
Monterey CA, 93942
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Title: Organic Production Manager/Agronomist
Location: Monterey, CA
Sedona AG Services is partnering with a large organic produce producer for an Organic Production Manager/Agronomist. The Organic Production Manager will oversee all in-house and outside production of the organic crops company in the Monterey, CA area. A successful Organic Production Manager-/Agronomist will follow crops from planting until harvest and will assist with communication of product quality and volumes to sales during crop harvest
Responsbilities: Organics Production Manager/Agronomist
- Strive for the most consistent high quality organic products daily providing our customers with unsurpassed value and useable product.
- Build year-round planting schedules with the correct weekly flows given sales parameters of all company organic crops.
- Assist growers in block choices given the desired crop to be planted. Monitor and ensure the best quality possible ground/bed preparation before planting.
- Ensure all plantings go in on time with in-house and outside growers.
- Conduct regular field checks during growth cycle and determine/suggest next steps
- Develop a written fertility and crop protection program for each crop grown.
- Provide weekly reports of upcoming crop quality and volumes to sales team and VP of Production.
- Provide three-week quality and volume projections of upcoming crops.
- Work with quality assurance and sales teams on product exceptions and product defects given current industry conditions and standards.
- Work with harvesting team to make sure pack and product quality are the best possible.
- Develop a written transitional organic ground plan taking into consideration costs to grower and the fairest method to share these expenses.
- Work with VP of Production on securing and increasing organic ground base in desirable geographic
Requirements: Organics Production Manager/Agronomist
- BS or MS degree in Agronomy, Production Ag or related degree required.
- Five years of prior experience in organic vegetable production is required.
- Relocation to the desert is required, typically from September to February. Must be willing and able to travel regularly where organic crops are being grown.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is required at a fluent level. This includes reading, writing and conversing.
Salary: 130-180K depending on skills
Benefits: 401K, Health and Dental
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Courtney Lytle at Courtney@careerpros.com or call for more information at 563-585-1220.
Sedona AG Services is an equal opportunity employer.