First-Line Supervisor of Production and Operating Workers
Moline (Quad Cities- HQ) - IL
Temp / Temp to Hire
$24.26 HOUR USD
Milan IL, 61264
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Unit Supervisor I
Location: Moline, IL
Employment Type: 3 Years
Job Order Number: 120932
Sedona Staffing is recruiting for a Unit Supervisor for a Global Manufacturing Facility in Moline, IL. Position is full-time a floating position. Will need to be available to work all shifts (1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts), as needed. Supervises unskilled production, maintenance or warehouse employees. Less specialized knowledge, small in scope, more routine. Very small number of direct reports. (Example is very small warehouse operation).
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises the execution of departmental plans to achieve objectives in safety, quality, schedule, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit.
- Monitors individual performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed, and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance.
- Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
- Works with Safety Team in meeting company standards and enforces safety regulations to prevent and eliminate injuries.
- Resolves various systems, parts, people or process issues to correct deficiencies, reduce costs, improve processes/performance.
- Manages and controls costs to stay within the department operating budget targets.
- Coordinates departmental continuous improvement plans and activities.
- Must have strong communication and organization skills.
- Will be on their feet most of the shift, must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop and bend.
- Must have basic computer skills and basic experience with Microsoft Office.
- Past supervisory experience is nice to have but not required.
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Employment & Education Verification.
Internal metatarsal safety shoes are required.
The Sedona Group is a nationally ranked work force management group celebrating its 30th anniversary and has been voted # 1 Staffing Agency for the last three years by our local community. We are locally owned and headquartered in Moline, IL and provide Clerical, Industrial, Medical, Technical, and Engineering Associates to companies in need of temporary, long term or direct hire placement of employees. With 28 branches nationwide, we are committed to continued growth and delivering a high standard of quality service.
If interested in this opportunity, please call in and ask speak to a Clerical Account Manager at 309-743-7000. If you are not already registered with The Sedona Group, please be prepared to be asked to apply online and send a resume that highlights your experience for this opening.
Sedona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.