ROLL FORM TECHNICIAN
DIRECT HIRE, 1ST SHIFT
Assist in set up, troubleshooting, and operating of roll form machines. Provide support and training to the production team members.
- Assist with / performs tooling setups and line changeover on roll form machines to produce roll form cross sections to specifications and ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Test run new roll form tooling to generate sample parts, strong knowledge of roll form tooling and ability to evaluate and generate improvement opportunities to tooling process.
- Performs equipment adjustments necessary to maintain dimensional tolerances of cross sections being produced.
- Sets up and operates machines to produce specified components. Makes machine adjustments to insure satisfactory production.
- Handle raw material with overhead crane and load roll forming machine with raw material (when needed).
- Determine condition of tools (schedule for rework when necessary)
- Trains other employees with roll form operation and support functions.
- Build and maintain set up charts for each rolling mill.
- Performs day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining roll form information files and processing paperwork, and work orders.
- Monitor and review information about materials and potential issues they may cause.
- Work with the production team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Uphold all safety policies and procedures.
- 3+ years’ experience as a set up operator on roll forming lines is required.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and machine skill acquired through a trade school or related on the job experience.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent is preferred.
- Knowledge of all roll form tooling and maintenance thereof.
- Ability to work with a variety of hand tools and gauges including angle grinders, drills, polisher, micrometers, and calipers. Must know how to read blue prints.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to distinguish material types
- Must be a good communicator, with excellent problem solving skills and able prioritize and multitask the workload.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Employees must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer