Registered Nurse - Field Case Manager
Dubuque - IA
$37.50 HOUR USD
Miami FL, 33126
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
RN Field Case Manager
Location: Miami, FL (Airport area)
Wage: $78k - $82k / year
* Direct Hire Opportunity * Must have Workers Compensation experience & must be bilingual *
To perform initial and ongoing clinical assessment and evaluate need for alternative treatment, to negotiate and coordinate appropriate medical treatment and length of disability with providers and employers; and to implement a case management plan with ongoing monitoring to ensure quality and appropriate service delivery of the case management process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessment via telephone calls to client (injured employee), employer, physician and attorney as indicated; assesses client's situation for psychosocial needs, cultural implications and support systems in place.
- Creates a case management plan based on the assessment with measurable goals and objectives utilizing evidence-based criteria; monitors ongoing progress toward these goals and objectives; implements plan through case management interventions and communication with all parties to reach desired goals and objectives.
- Evaluates need for alternative treatment.Negotiates appropriate level and intensity of care and disability duration with providers through use of medical and disability duration guidelines, adhering to quality assurance standards.
- Negotiates and coordinates a prompt return to work with employer.
- Measures interventions to determine the outcome of the case manager's involvement to include clinical, financial, variance, quality of life, and client satisfaction; maintains accurate record of management including costs, savings and demographic data.
- Provides case direction and supervision to field case specialists when on-site intervention is required; ensures quality and appropriate service delivery.
- Communicates effectively with handling claims examiner, client, claimant, attorney and supervisor.
- Maintains client's privacy and confidentiality, promotes client safety and advocacy; and adheres to ethical, legal, accreditation and regulatory standards.
Education & Licensing
Current state RN license required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Five (5) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include two (2) years of fulltime equivalent providing direct clinical care to the consumer.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of workers' compensation and/or disability
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently
If you are interested in learning more, please connect with Amanda and submit a copy of your professional resume to : Amanda@careerpros.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.