Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Dubuque - IA
Officials and Managers
$33.65 HOUR USD
Des Moines IA, 50301
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Sr. Human Resource Generalist
Location: Des Moines, IA
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000 / year
The Senior Human Resource Generalist partners with the HR Manager, HR team members and business leaders to execute the company’s strategic business initiatives and the Human Capital Strategy. At this level, the Sr. HRG provides a very high level of business data and analytics as well as related recommendations. This individual is responsible for the management of daily HR operations, including the administration of policies, procedures and programs. This senior level HR professional role in a Union production environment.
What you get to do:
- Partners with HR Shared Services and HR Centers of Excellence to deliver HR Service Model, including resolution of employee inquiries and issues.
- Supports plant leadership in labor relations objectives. Coordinates grievance process with plant leadership and union. Participates in and supports union negotiation process.
- Promotes and supports company health and wellness initiatives
- Provides administrative support and coaching for Performance Management processes
- Provides HRIS/payroll transactional support to business leaders, processes HR transactions, provides standard HRIS reports and ad hoc reports to business leaders along with required data analytics to support decision making
- Drives employee engagement by providing administration support and leadership for engagement surveys, focus groups and action planning
- Performs assigned talent acquisition & onboarding duties including sourcing, recruitment & selection and new hire orientation
- Supports and coordinates employee development programs and activities
- Leads the development of less experienced HR team members
- Executes items on HR Roadmap including items related to: Employee Relations, Engagement, Core Values, & Talent Management
- Partners with Corp HR partners to develop and implement HR process improvements
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related field required
- 5+years of related HR experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of HRIS (preferably Workday and/or Kronos)
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or supporting labor relations objectives in Union environment to include grievance handling and negotiations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Demonstrated strong communication skills – written and verbal
- WCOM Foundations training or similar business process improvement training
- PHR or SPHR certification strongly preferred
If you are interested in learning more, please submit a copy of your professional resume to: Amanda Saylor | firstname.lastname@example.org | 563.556.3040
Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.