Claims Liability Litigation Adjuster
Dubuque - IA
$0.00 HOUR USD
Brea CA, 92821
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Claims Examiner General Liability / Employment Practices Liability
Location: Brea, CA
Wage: Commensurate based on professional work experience and qualifications
Direct Hire Opportunity
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To analyze complex or technically difficult general liability claims to determine benefits due; to work with high exposure claims involving litigation and rehabilitation; to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within service expectations, industry best practices and specific client service requirements; and to identify subrogation of claims and negotiate settlements.
- Analyzes and processes complex or technically difficult general liability claims by investigating and gathering information to determine the exposure on the claim; manages claims through well-developed action plans to an appropriate and timely resolution.
- Assesses liability and resolves claims within evaluation.
- Negotiates settlement of claims within designated authority.
- Calculates and assigns timely and appropriate reserves to claims; manages reserve adequacy throughout the life of the claim.
- Calculates and pays benefits due; approves and makes timely claim payments and adjustments; and settles claims within designated authority level.
- Prepares necessary state fillings within statutory limits.
- Manages the litigation process; ensures timely and cost effective claims resolution.
- Coordinates vendor referrals for additional investigation and/or litigation management.
- Uses appropriate cost containment techniques including strategic vendor partnerships to reduce overall cost of claims for our clients.
- Manages claim recoveries, including but not limited to: subrogation, Second Injury Fund excess recoveries and Social Security and Medicare offsets.
- Reports claims to the excess carrier; responds to requests of directions in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicates claim activity and processing with the claimant and the client; maintains professional client relationships.
- Ensures claim files are properly documented and claims coding is correct.
- Refers cases as appropriate to supervisor and management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 10+ years as a Liability Litigation Adjuster experience
- Commercial General Liability Experience and Commercial Auto Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiation skills
If you are interested in learning more, please submit a copy of your professional resume + salary requirements to Amanda@careerpros.com
Sedona Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.