Machine Feeder and Unloader
Cedar Rapids - IA
Labor and Help
Temp / Temp to Hire
$13.00 HOUR USD
Monticello IA, 52310
The Sedona Group https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/images/sqlogo.png https://www.sedonacompass.com/ 1-888-696-8813 612 Valley View Drive, Moline, IL 61265
Part-Time Mill Assistant/Driver
Primary Objective: To perform mill operations duties and increase efficiency of operations.
- Report to assigned workplace at time specified; report late arrivals or absences to supervisor prior to start time.
- Feed mill operations including feed mill operation, housekeeping, bulk feed deliveries, scheduling bulk deliveries, record keeping, and bagged feed pick-up.
- Feed mill and mill fleet maintenance including planning and scheduling maintenance, maintenance records, and performing equipment maintenance.
- Assist in the implementation of feed mill processes and quality control measures.
- Backup delivery of bulk and bagged feed products to customers.
- Maintain required licenses, physicals, etc. necessary to perform job requirements.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- CDL Licensing.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Possess math skills when performing basic operations.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Manufacturing environment with undesirable conditions including possible exposure to weather extremes, noise, dust, fumes, chemicals and fertilizers, strains from lifting and bending requirements, potential for falls from slippery or wet floors.
- Personal Protective Equipment may be required for some tasks.
Here’s the fastest way to get hired:
- Apply in person at 351 Edgewood RD NW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
- For questions, contact us at 319-826-1954
- Visit us at www.careerpros.com
Sedona Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer